London Islamic School (LIS) was founded in 1996 as a full-time private school serving the Muslim community in the city of London and beyond. Since its inception, LIS has consistently grown year after year and has gained a reputation of becoming a leading Muslim educational institute which aims to instill an Islamic morale and a genuine desire of learning in each of its students.
LIS provides an Islamic learning environment with a commitment of using modern day teaching pedagogy to cultivate an advanced and comprehensive academic program; fully compliant with the Ontario curriculum of studies. We are a K to 8 school with a wide array of resources designed to foster student achievement that will prepare our pupils to pursue higher education and be competitive in their careers. It is our aim to empower our students by cultivating their interests and honing their academic skills as strong Canadian-Muslim citizens in Canada.
LIS is proud to offer:
- An accredited program of studies fully compliant with the Ontario curriculum
- A great Islamic environment for growing and learning
- Fostering student achievement that exceeds ministry provincial standards of excellence in a variety of subject areas
- Islamic Studies, Quran, and Tahfeez programs
- Arabic department offering Arabic as a Foreign Language program
- Physical Education programs including competitive after-school sports teams through the CTAA Sports League in London
- and much more…
We encourage all community members to discover the possibilities at the London Islamic School!